Today's outcome of Kate's UTI finding

Thought I would know some results today after Kate's first UTI encounter where they have already collected her urine back then. However, this was not the case. I was flooded with information about cause of UTI, types of diagnosis available and to make a decision what's next. (~.~)""

A/Prof Ng gave me alot of information which you probably can find most of them on the net but I was more curious abt the process and tada... my simple form of intrepretation:

To be 100% sure the cause of this UTI, you can opt to do all of the following::

1. utrasound - to check on kate's kidney change and her urinary bladder
2. DMSA (Cant rem the actual term) - Some medicine will be inject into her vein which will be received by her kidney. Pictures will be taken to check if there has been scarring due to her recent high fever
3. MCU - Saline will be injected into her bladder to assess if her urine flow is going dual way. I.e. going back to kidney which should not be the case.

As for me, I feel that I would rather wait till the next episode of UTI occurrence (*touch wood*) before going through all of the above.

As for now, I opt for utrasound and regular check up on her status.
I was actually very impressed with KKH service.
Utrasound was arranged immediately, followed by collecting kate's urine for another round of test.
I received her report barely an hour! In fact,immediately after I was done collecting Kate's urine.
A/Prof Ng  bothered to call me to see him and he passed me her report. WOW!
Kate's kidneys are of normal size and configuration. No sign of scarring, blockage or malfunction. PHEW!

As for Kate, she was really COOL about the whole thing.
These pix tells it all





She did not move throughout the 15 mins of utrasound.
She did not move when A/Prof check her too!
Amazing isnt it!

Love you Kate!